Dieser Artikel befindet sich im Archiv!
Job Advert FSJ Volunteer Gap Year GlobalCastle
International internship -12 months with the CVJM Bayern in our project „GlobalCastle"
A year for others ...
- serving others with a living faith in Jesus in the center
- inviting others to a life with Jesus by sharing your experiences
- doing creative Teamwork to continue developing the project
- personal exchange with your Team and around 1000 young people
- Working on our castle and supporting the team
- creating a fun program for the camps and connecting with the participants
- teaching English playfully in your personal way and through your individual skills
A year for you ...
- Surmounting challenges and collecting life experience
- learning by doing: Give yourself a chance to try out your skills and passions
- intense mentoring and company by our teamers
- experiencing personal and spiritual growth and strengthen your relationship with god
- taking the adventure of living together and learning about and with each others
- finding a home in the Bavarian CVJM-movement
- Your voluntary year will be taking place for one year: from the 01.09.2022 until the 31.08.2023.
- You will be working on our CVJM-castle „Wernfels” in a village called Wernfels, too. lt takes place near the Franconian lake district (Bavaria/ near Nuremberg). Also, you will enter the adventure of sharing a flat and living in community with the other 5 young volunteers there.
What about the work setting?
- During the year you will be participating in 12 one-week language camps. In the camp-free time your tasks will be preparing, developing and inviting people to the project together with the team.
You will have 25 obligatory seminary days during your year in Germany and furthermore some vacation days to take in order to get some rest and get to know the country.
What about the financial issues?
- The CVJM Bayern will cover the flight costs as well as acommodation and food. For your personal use, you will receive a „pocket money" of €150 monthly.
Who can apply?
- lf you are an English native speaker or have a very safe handling of the language, are aged more than 18 and have a heart for serving young people with a Jesus-centered motivation, you might be just right for the "GlobalCastle"-project!
The twelve annual "GlobalCastle Language Camps" ...
. . . encourage, enab/e and inspire yearly around 1000 young peop/e aged 14 to 21 from non-academic school/s to take part in international youth exchange programs.
Every young person should get the chance to gain experiences abroad in order to expand their horizon, get to know other life-contexts and -realities and to get encouraged to shape their own lives in an intrinsically motivated manner.
Mostly, young people from academic backgrounds take part in such youth exchange programs as internships or work camps. Surveys show, that for our target group, it is initially a challenge to get involved with already existing offers and to overcome the language barriers. We want to change this! Conversely, the great added value of our camps consists in strengthening self-confidence and experiencing self-efficacy.
What we are searching for, is providing a "youth exchange light". A one-week exchange, which takes part in their own country to make them feel safe, but anyway lets them gain intercultural experience through the international volunteers and the intercultural orientated program. So, they can get prepared and motivated to try the step abroad through an organized youth exchange which is suitable for them afterwards.
How will they get prepared?
Trying out and learning the language should inspire and be fun. That is why we rely on practical and true-to-life learning using leisure-time pedagogic methods (sports, music, creativity, handicrafts, games, cooking, other activities) and mostly native-speaking young adults from English-speaking countries.
There are no school-alike English lessons, but the target language is spoken during the whole program. The young people learn to speak in a way that is oriented towards everyday life and thereby lose their shame in expressing themselves in the foreign language.
In addition to language skills, an intercultural understanding should be built up. Intercultural
experiences are essential for taking responsibility in our globalized world and for a peaceful living together on our shared earth.
We believe that everyone is an expert in their own lifeworld. We want to provide a platform for everyone, to experience their abilities, teach them to others and share their life experiences. So, we can all learn from and grow with each other.
A special highlight will be the LanguageLabs (“language laboratories”} every morning, in which the native speakers share their biographies with the young people and give a living testimony of their experiences and relationship with Jesus.
The idea is, to create interreligious dialogue and share our christian faith and the love, we receive from God with them. We want to give impulses to reflect about sense and life questions, which can be deepened in different workshops and also in one-to-one conversations during the camp-period.
During the camp different cultures and a lot of options of youth exchanges will get shown, so the young people can already in this week get the opportunity to find something interesting for them which is also fitting to their needs.
The camps, each with around 85 participants, are divided into four “cell groups” of 21 young
people and 4-5 employees (full-timers and volunteers) plus teachers/trainers. This corresponds to a ratio of approx. 1:4, which is appropriate for the target group. The project will be carried by two full-time professionals and 20 volunteers.
About us ...
The “YMCA (Young Men's Christian Assiociation) Landesverband Bayern e.V.” was founded in 1903 and is the merger of the 105 CVJM associations in Bavaria with 12,500 members and 4,150 volunteers. His work consists of the pedagogical-theological accompaniment of the local YMCA and the personal accompaniment of individuals, educational programs, youth welfare in various forms of youth work, interest groups, sporting, musical and creative types, events and leisure time. The YMCA Landesverband Bayern e.V. is embedded in the worldwide and interdenominational YMCA community in 120 countries with 65 million members and the German YMCA with 310,000 members in 1,400 associations. The YMCA state association is a member of the Bavarian Youth Council via the Evangelical Youth in Bavaria.
According to the “Paris base” of the worldwide YMCA, all work is determined by the missionary mandate to credibly live and proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The YMCA regional association with its 65 employees works in a team-oriented manner as part of a team of eight employees, the office, and leisure center team. General Secretary Michael Götz is responsible for supervising the employees.
The state association is managed by two honorary bodies, the 40-strong main committee and the 12-strong executive board, both of which are elected by the delegates' meeting of the Bavarian YMCA.
Do you want to take the step and be part of our team? Send your application to:
- CVJM Landesverband Bayern e. V.
to Michael Götz
- E-Mail email@example.com
- Filled letter of application >> download
- Curriculum vitae
We are curious for you!
Contact us in case of having more questions.